If you want to scale down the use of chemicals in cleaning your tile floors, you can always explore the auspicious steam mopping option. What’s more, steam mops will help you clean and sanitize your floors in one fell swoop, courtesy of the hot steam exuded by the mops.
There is a broad assortment of these appliances in the market, making the selection a tad befuddling. Fortunately, this comprehensive piece on the best steam mop for tile floors will save you a great deal of strain.
Best Steam Mop for Tile Floors at a Glance 2023
- PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner 10-in-1
- Bissel Power Fresh Steam Mop, 1940A
- Bissel Steam Mop, 1806, Sapphire Powerfresh Deluxe
- Shark S1000 Steam Mop, White/Seafoam
- Bissel Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner, 1543A
- Shark Lift-Away 2-in-1 Pro Steam Mop, S3973D
- Bissel PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop, 1544A
- . BLACK+DECKER Steam Cleaner, Corded (BHSM15FX08)
- Hoover Complete Pet Steam Mop, WH21000
Best Steam Mop for Tile Floors Reviews 2023
PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner 10-in-1– Best Overall
Cresting our list is this versatile cleaning appliance that boasts an enviable multi-purpose feature. You can count on this tool to freshen your whole house, from your floors, windows, glass, and mirrors to your carpet. More than that, it is also safe for use on marble, porcelain tiles, ceramic tiles, vinyl, hardwood floors, and other tiles.
You can use the flexible hose to cleanse your home or use the inbuilt handheld steam cleaner. This way, you will have a cushy time operating this tool. Additionally, it is light for ease of maneuverability. Interestingly, tap water alone is enough to clean dirt and stains off your surfaces.
It features three brilliant adjustable modes that help you regulate the steam level in relation to your specific needs. With a 380 ml (12.8 oz) reservoir, you will enjoy 12 minutes of steam at the highest steam setting and 25 minutes at the lowest setting. Note that you simply need to install an attachment that fits the application, and you’re good to go!
- Steam adjustment modes: 3
- Attachments: 3 nylon brushes (small, large, and double)
- Replacement pads: 3 microfiber cloth pads
- Power cord: extra long
- Microfiber pads included are soft and gentle.
- Rapid heat up (in about 30 seconds).
- Replacement pads are reusable (machine washable).
- Inclusive of many accessories like angled nozzle, steamer jet, window squeegee
- The compact steamer is detachable for use as a handheld steamer.
- Rated safe for children and pets
- Bears a switch and steam regulator
- Fitted with a collapsible handle release button
- Preferred for sealed flooring such us sealed grout/tile or stone
Buy On Amazon
2. Bissel Power Fresh Steam Mop, 1940A-Better Ergonomics
The incredible ergonomics of this appliance account for its high rating in this compendium. It features an ingenious smart set digital steam control that allows you to select between three steaming levels (high, medium, and low), depending on your cleaning needs.
You can also work through stubborn and sticky messes using the flip-down easy scrubber, leaving your floors pristine. Use this scrubber to access and clean crevices and grout easily. If the water levels of the mop run low, you can easily detach the water tank and refill it at the sink.
You might ask, what’s the bargain inclusive of besides the steam mop? You get to bag accessories like a scrubby microfiber pad, one soft microfiber pad, a carpet glider, and two spring breeze fragrance discs. You can achieve a fresh, clean scent by inserting the fragrance discs into the mop pad while steam mopping.
- Steam adjustment modes: 3 (high, medium, and low)
- Attachments: crevice tool and brush
- Replacement pads: 2 microfiber pads, one soft and one scrubby pad
- Power cord: long (23 feet)
- Rapid heat up (30 seconds)
- Features swivel steering
- A low-profile design of the mop head for easy access to corners and edges
- Steam power exuded clears 99.9% of bacteria and germs
- Backed up by a two-year limited warranty
- Ideal for use on tile, ceramic, granite, sealed hardwood, marble, and linoleum
- The bargain lacks tools/accessories for cleaning other fabrics and surface types.
Buy On Amazon
3. Bissel Steam Mop, 1806, Sapphire Powerfresh Deluxe-Built-in-Scent Disc
One salient feature of this distinguished bargain is the built-in scent disc tray fitted on the mop head. You can achieve a lovely scent that will speak to occupants’ hearts by inserting a spring breeze fragrance disc into the tray. Then, proceed to steam mopping with the disc in position for a fresher and more pleasant ambrosial.
You can easily steam clean around and beneath furniture, courtesy of the swivel steering feature. This unit is inclusive of a water cup that is. Integrated onto the handle is a handy water cup you should use when refilling the water tank.
If you encounter stubborn, sticky messes, you can employ the onboard spot boost brush to get rid of them. This unit provides you with two steam level settings (high and low), which you can use to customize steam levels based on your specific cleaning needs. It also offers a remarkable cleaning path width of 12 inches.
- Steam adjustment modes: 2 (high or low)
- Steam control: Continuous steam
- Replacement pads: 2 pads, one washable soft pad, and one washable scrubby pad
- Power cord: long (25 feet)
- Sanitizes your floors by eliminating 99.9% of bacteria and germs
- Inclusive of water measuring cup
- Quick heater warm-up: 30 seconds
- Ideal for marble ceramic granite, tile, linoleum, and sealed hardwood
- 16 oz water tank
- Inclusive of 2 spring breeze scent discs
- Warranty details not provided
Buy On Amazon
4. Shark S1000 Steam Mop, White/Seafoam-Compact Size
Also rated as one of the most covetable steam mops is this eminent unit from the acclaimed shark brand. It empowers you to cut through tough, stuck-on messes, grime, and grease with just water. This way, you will not have to deal with residues or costly chemicals.
It also boasts of a brilliant upright lock feature that makes it easy to store. Its compact size and lightweight nature (4.6 pounds) enable you to maneuver through tight spaces easily. This bargain also has a one-year warranty cover.
The water reservoir is large (XL) and bears a capacity of 12.68 fluid ounces. This means you can clean more floor space without taking refilling breaks. The water tank is also easy to remove for refilling purposes.
- Steam control: on demand
- Replacement pads: 2 dirt grip pads
- Cleaning width: 11 inches
- Covered by a one-year limited warranty
- Grip pads are safe for machine washing
- Inclusive of an owner’s guide
- Ready for use within 30 seconds
- Large and removable water tank
- It lacks the steam adjustment mode feature
Buy On Amazon
5. Bissel Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner, 1543A-Versatile
Are you looking for a model that can vacuum and steam your floors simultaneously? This is the bargain for you. This exclusive steam mop also doubles up as a powerful cyclonic vacuum. The vacuum plays the valuable role of trapping debris and pet hair as you clean.
This unit is quite user-oriented. This is demonstrable by the Drop-It tank emptying system that enables you to empty the dirt tank hands-free. This means that you don’t have to get your hands dirty. Also incorporated in the dirt tank design is the dry-tank technology that locks out moisture and keeps your tank fully dry.
You’ll be impressed by the accessories that come together with this deal. You get to bag a detachable mop pad tray, one scrubby pad, one soft microfiber pad, and a detachable steam boost tray. For cleaning pet messes, there are four steam boost disposable pads that you can discard after use.
- Steam control: Steam on demand
- Control panel: Digital control for steam and vacuum function
- Replacement pads: one soft mop pad and one scrubby mop pad
- Surface recommendation: Tile, sealed hard floors
- Dry tank technology to keep dirt tank dry
- It doubles up as a cyclonic vacuum
- Quick-release mop pad tray
- Soft pad and scrubby pad included are washable
- Hands-free emptying of the dirt tank
- Inclusive of disposable pads that allow discarding after cleaning pet messes
- Detachable mop pad tray
- Two-year warranty cover
- The appliance is moderately bulky (13 pounds)
Buy On Amazon
6. Shark Lift-Away 2-in-1 Pro Steam Mop, S3973D-
It’d be wise to choose an adaptable steam mop when you wish to clean more than just your floors. This 2-in-1 steam pocket mop is your best bet. It features a detachable handheld steamer that proves helpful in garment steaming and above-floor cleaning applications.
The steam blaster system enables you to power through stubborn messes on your surfaces confidently. Additionally, you can use the touch-free pad release and attach technology to integrate or remove the mop pad.
Depending on the specific needs of the application at hand, you can always customize steam levels through intelligent steam control. This feature provides three levels you can control depending on whether you are dusting, mopping, or scrubbing.
A unique requirement when caring for the dirt grip pads is that you have to machine wash them separately with liquid detergent and warm water. Also, avoid using fabric softeners and bleach.
- Steam control: electronic, three levels
- Accessories: Accessory hose and one garment steamer
- Replacement pads: 2 dirt grip pads, one scrubber pad, and one scrubber dirt grip pad
- Power cord: long 22 ft
- Inclusive of a small above-floor pocket tool and pad
- Features dual-sided dirt grip pads
- Supports touch-free technology
- Inclusive of one fill flask
- Incredible water tank capacity (500 ml)
- Fitted with a steam blaster for dealing with stuck-on messes
- Convertible to a handheld steamer
- The bargain is void of warranty details
Buy On Amazon
7. Bissel PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop, 1544A– Cordless
Is the hassle of dealing with cords becoming a bother in your home? Worry not. This unique bargain from the Bissel brand offers a cordless solution through this steam mop. Being a battery-powered unit, you can say goodbye to frustrating problems caused by entangled, kinked, or trapped cords.
Here’s the next treat. This deal graces you with up to 13 versatile tools that come in handy when using the handheld steam cleaner. The handheld steamer is detachable and ideal for cleaning surfaces above your floors, including windows, oven and stovetops, grout, and countertops.
This unit is also safe for cleaning homes with pets. For this reason, you can use it to clean pet bowls and beds. You can also steam-clean tight spots using the included extension hose. Depending on your cleaning requirements, it also allows you to customize the steam levels (choose between high or low).
- Steam adjustment modes: 2 (high or low)
- Accessories: 13 tools that come with a tool bag
- Steam control: on-demand steam
- Replacement pads: a soft pad and a scrubby microfiber pad
- Inclusive of a microfiber towel and odor-eliminating fragrance discs
- 13.5 oz water tank capacity
- Included microfiber pads are washable
- 13 versatile tools such as grout tool, fabric steamer, scrub brush, angle tool, e.t.c
- Two-year limited warranty
- Window squeegee tool to eliminate marks and drool traces on glass surfaces
- Detachable handheld steamer
- Rapid steam heat up (30 seconds)
- Batteries are not included
Buy On Amazon
8. BLACK+DECKER Steam Cleaner, Corded (BHSM15FX08)
Freshening one’s home is a priority for many. What better tool to help you clean your entire home, from sealed floors to glass shower doors, than this distinctive steam mop from the BLACK+DECKER brand. You can quickly cleanse multiple surfaces using the convertible stick-to-handheld design.
Tight spaces like sealed counters and shower walls will no longer be a bother during cleaning. This is because you can employ the small pivoting mop head that easily accesses such spots. You also safely use this unit on other household surfaces such as sealed granite, grout, wood, stone, tile, and upholstery.
The lightweight nature and compact design of this unit promote uninterrupted one-handed operation. Still, on user comfort, this mop exudes steam continuously on low or high steam settings, saving you the trouble of holding down the trigger.
- Steam adjustment modes: 2 (high or low)
- Attachments: Yes (6)
- Microfiber pads: 1 steam mop pad and one small pivoting steam mop pad
- Power cord: Long (20 feet)
- 500 ml water tank capacity
- Microfiber pads are washable and reusable
- Supports handheld steam cleaning
- Quick steam heat up (30 seconds)
- It comes with six attachments
- Small pivoting mop easily cleans bathroom walls
- Includes a garment steamer for refreshing clothing
- No warranty details are provided
Buy On Amazon
9. Hoover Complete Pet Steam Mop, WH21000– Multi-Purpose
This is yet another propitious bargain that will help you clean and sanitize your entire home proficiently. Denoted as a 10-IN-1 cleaner, it includes ten multi-purpose tools that will befit all sorts of cleaning applications in your home.
For tight spots/areas like windows, appliances, and upholstery, you can rely on the removable handheld steamer to tackle these spots. There are two washable scrubbing pads for fast and easy cleanup.
This unit is your best bet if you are a pet owner. This is because it will efficiently clean and deodorize pet messes on your floors. Another notable feature of this steam mop is that it can clean multiple floor types, including carpet, grout, laminate, porcelain, tile, stone, and sealed hard floors.
- Inclusive of two washable scrubbing pads
- Efficiently cleans pet messes
- Features a detachable handheld steamer
- It comes with ten multi-purpose tools
- Ideal for use on multiple floor types
- Lacks steam adjustment mode feature
Buy On Amazon
Best Steam Mop For Tile Floors Buyers’ Guide 2023
Residing in a spotless home can be quite delectable, but cleaning can seem like torture, especially if you are using old-fashioned mopping. Luckily, the exponential advancements in the homecare tools industry have seen to it that you no longer have to get on all fours to get your home looking spick and span.
Many homeowners have a penchant for the best steam mop for tile floors. This is a special type of mop that uses steam to clean floors and other surfaces. Often, a common question that crops up is, how does a steam mop work?
How does a steam mop work?
Steam mop works by heating water from an onboard water reservoir to very high temperatures (of about 1200 C) using an inbuilt boiler unit. The mop then uses pressure to exude a jet(s) of dry steam into a mop pad fitted on the steam mop head. This way, the steam dampens the pad underneath, enabling it to draw dirt off the surface.
The mechanism of action, as mentioned above, seems pretty interesting, but is it worth getting a steam mop? Is steam mopping better than regular mopping? If you’re caught up in a dither, here are some advantages of using a steam mop to help you reaffirm your consideration.
Benefits of steam cleaning
As a cleaning method that solely uses steam to cleanse surfaces, it helps avoid toxic chemicals. This translates to minimal release of chemical products used in cleaning into existing waterways. This way, there are fewer pollutants that can be harmful to the environment.
Sanitizes floors and other surfaces
Steam mops perform the cleaning function exceptionally. Most can also sanitize floors and other surfaces by ridding them of up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria. This demonstrates the immense power of steam.
The steam produced permeates surface pores removing debris, dirt, and other microelements with hot vapor molecules. The extremely high temperature of these molecules enables them to destroy common micro-organisms like Salmonella and E.coli from your floors. This creates an ideal environment for you, your children, and your pets.
Free from the use of harsh chemicals
Unlike other conventional cleaning styles, steam mops only use water to clean. This saves you the extra costs that would otherwise be incurred in purchasing cleaning products. Additionally, steam mopping helps you avoid using chemicals that may be potentially harsh to you, your pet(s), or your floors.
While steam mops are widely known for impeccably cleaning floors, they can clean more than just floors. Some bargains provide convertible steam mops to handheld steam cleaners that enable above-floor cleaning. They come with essential attachments that will allow you to clean surfaces like countertops, bathroom walls, and windows.
Eliminates allergens and pet odors
The waste matter of dust mites and other invading arthropods has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction. Steam mopping your home is convenient when you want to eliminate such microscopic allergens.
If you are a pet owner, you’d agree that, at times, pet messes impart a foul odor in your home. A steam mop helps you take care of these messes through instant cleaning. Some steam mops are also engineered to deodorize your floors while cleaning, leaving your home with a lovely scent.
As a bonus, steam mopping will also destroy ectoparasites such as fleas, their larva stages, and their eggs. This way, you and your pet(s) remain happy in a clean home.
Easy to use and saves time
The user-friendliness of steam mops is unequaled. From their light weight that promotes easy maneuverability to the long handles that enable upright cleaning, you get to enjoy the luxury of comfort on the job.
Most steam mop packages also include machine washable and reusable mop pads. This saves you the costs and strain that come with disposable floor pads. Some bargains have even kicked it up a notch higher and ensured that you do not come into contact with the dirt after cleaning, courtesy of the touch-free release feature.
While there are two sides to every coin, the cons of using steam mops are few and fall behind the merits of steam cleaning. Highlighted below are some of the disadvantages associated with steam cleaning which include;
- Has the potential to cause damage – if you use steam mops on surfaces like unsealed floors or painted walls, you are likely to do more harm than good. Also, if used without caution, glass surfaces like windows can crack due to the heat from steam.
- They require a lot of water, especially when dealing with extensive surfaces.
- Steam mops can be a bit pricy.
- For some floor types, the results of steam mopping appear not to last very long compared to other methods.
Now that you are certain that the best steam mop for tile floors will enhance your cleaning game, a primary task lies ahead. How do you ensure that you bag the best model based on your needs?
At first blush, various steam mop units seem more alike than different. The truth is, they’re not. There are marginal differences in their design, features, and performance. These slight variations set them apart, helping you make a distinction when choosing the best steam mop for tile floors.
What to consider when choosing best steam mop for tile floors
One factor that you earnestly need to keep an eye out for is the steam control system. All steam mops work by churning out steam, which is basically heated water. However, the mechanism of releasing steam varies across various models. For this reason, you’d be wise to acquaint yourself with the several ways of steam output, which include;
- Continuous steam mops:
Just as the name suggests, once the unit heats the water, it will produce steam incessantly. This saves you the hassle of holding down the trigger throughout the cleaning process. The downside of continuous steam output is that you might need extra passes for grimy spots or those with stuck-on messes.
- On-demand steam mops:
For this type, you’ll need to put in some work for the unit to dispense some steam. Here’s how. You’ll need to press a button or pull a trigger anytime you want the steam mop to release steam. It’s not entirely a disadvantage. On-demand steam mops grant you control over the steam output, enabling you to dispense immense steam to tackle tough stains when needed.
- Adjustable steam mops:
This type allows you to customize the steam levels dispensed depending on the cleaning application at hand. The steam level settings are already pre-installed in the steam mop. This means you simply need to select a desired steam level using the controls on the unit.
Some units offer two steam levels; high and low, while other steam mops provide up to three steam levels; low, medium, and high. This adjustable steam output is critical when you wish to preserve the finish of your hardwood floors or when working with delicate surfaces.
Cleaning by itself can be an onerous task. It is, therefore in your best interest to look for a cleaning option that is not troublesome. Steam mopping can be plain sailing, provided that you choose a model that will not be a bother to lug around.
All you have to do is consider the weight and size of the model of interest. A lightweight unit makes it easy to maneuver around your home without making your arms feel fatigued. It is preferable to settle for a steam mop that weighs anywhere between 2.2 pounds and 10.6 pounds.
You ought to pay attention to the versatility factor of the unit of interest. This refers to the ability of the steam mop to be adapted to several different functions. Though not all, steam mops can clean more than just floors. It is recommendable to settle for units that can help you clean your entire home.
The catch here is to check whether the steam mop you’re interested in includes a handheld steam cleaner and accompanying versatile attachments. Units with a detachable handheld steamer are perfect as they not only support floor cleaning but also enable above-floor cleaning.
It would be best if you chose a deal with more versatile attachments. It is these versatile tools that complement the handheld steam cleaner. Here’s an interesting cue; most steam mop bargains present these attachments in a ‘10-in-1’ or ‘6-in-1’ like format. Demonstrated below are some examples of the regular attachments that you can be on the lookout for;
- Extension hose – for steam cleaning messes in hard-to-clean areas
- Fabric steamer – for cleaning upholstery, pet beds, and other fabrics
- Grout brush/tool – eliminates grime and dirt from grout, also for bathrooms
- Window squeegee – gets rid of marks and drool from windows and glass surfaces
- Garment steamer – for steaming garments
- Bristle scrub brushes – for cleaning countertops, inside a microwave or an oven, bathroom, and kitchen sinks
- Angle tool – for refreshing pet carriers and pet toys
Water tank capacity
Another aspect to look out for is the capacity of the water reservoir. This compartment holds water and is present in all steam mops. It influences the extent you can clean at one time.
Your decision should be guided by the space you’ll frequently be cleaning. If you’ll be cleaning an extensive floor space, it would be wise to settle for a steam mop with a high capacity; 16 ounces would suffice.
Such a capacity means you’ll make fewer trips to the sink to refill the water tank and cover a significant floor space before having to do a refill. In a more cerebral context, a water tank capacity of about 12.8 oz grants you about 25 minutes of steam at the lowest steam setting. The same capacity also offers you 12 minutes of steam at the maximum steam setting.
For regular spaces, steam mops with a capacity ranging between 12 to 15 ounces will be adequate. If you’re looking for a bonus regarding the water tank, you might want to consider whether the tank is removable. This feature enables you to refill easily and re-install the reservoir onto the mop.
You’d be doing yourself a favor by choosing a steam mop that gets ready to use in the quickest time possible. Fortunately, most, if not all, of our picks boast of an advantageous rapid heat-up feature. This means that in just about 30 seconds, you can start using the steam mop to refresh your floors.
In modern times, a tool’s handiness is a highly valued factor. This also goes for the best steam mop for tile floors. There are particular features of a steam mop that make it easy to use and grants you the luxury of comfort during the steam cleaning. It would help if you were to tout for these features when making a purchase decision.
Some of these features include;
- Mop head design – Cleaning corners and edges can be a bit tricky when steam mopping. The mop head design influences the accessibility of such tight spaces. You can opt for a unit with a low-profile mop head for easy access to corners and edges.
- Swivel steering – This feature allows you to maneuver easily around and beneath the furniture.
- Mop pads – They are vital in drawing dirt and debris off your floors. A suitable microfiber soft pad ought to be gentle on your floors. The soft pad should also be machine washable and reusable. This way, you’ll save yourself the costs and hassle of purchasing new pads each time you want to mop.
- Scent disc tray – Some units have this tray integrated into the mop head as a bonus. All you need to do is slot a fragrance disc into this tray and boost the scent of your home as you steam mop.
- Dirt-tank design – This compartment harbors dirt and debris collected during the steam cleaning. It is present in some steam mops featuring a dry-tank technology that keeps the dirt tank dry.
Additionally, these steam mops have a brilliant hands-free emptying design for the dirt tank. This design ensures you do not get your hands dirty when discarding waste in the dirt tank.
- Wheels or storage stand – When steam cleaning, you will likely move around or pause at times to arrange items. Elements like wheels come in handy for enhanced portability. Some units will also provide a stand, allowing you to set the steam mop down securely.
- Long power cord – Most of the featured steam mops are corded, meaning you have to plug them into a power source to function. You, therefore, should consider mops with long power cords for a vast reach.
By now, you definitely have no shrouds of uncertainty on the efficacy of the best steam mop for tile floors. This tool will incontestably revolutionize cleaning operations in your home. However, steam mopping seems like a fast and pretty straightforward task, right? This might trick you into downplaying the essential requisites in the steam cleaning procedure.
How do you use a steam mop?
Start by prepping the floor. Get rid of loose surface dirt, dust, grit, and other debris by sweeping or vacuuming. If you are dealing with heavily soiled floors, adopt other conventional methods, such as the mop and bucket system, to clear the dirt. Steam mopping a soiled floor will only do more harm since the hot steam smears dirt across the floor.
Fill the water reservoir of your steam mop with water (preferably distilled water) and then allow it to heat up. Usually, an indicator light on the steam mop’s handle will often show when the unit is ready for use.
Customize the steam output for models featuring the adjustable steam level feature beginning with the lowest level. You can switch to higher steam settings when tackling tough messes or stains. Remember to have several clean mop pads within your reach. This way, once the one in use gets dirty, you can swiftly change to a clean pad.
The video below illustrates how to use a steam mop correctly.
Frequently Asked Questions-FAQs
Q1: Is a steam mop good for tile floors?
A steam mop is ideal for tile floors, including porcelain and ceramic. The power of steam will get rid of dirt from the tile surface and even clean grout. A steam mop enables you to clean and sanitize your tile floors without utilizing harsh chemicals.
Usually, tiles are fixed into a mortar and concrete board surface. This makes even old and cracked tiles safe for steam mopping, as there is no risk of irreparable damage. On the upside, steam mopping tile floors will also leave the surface streak-free.
Q2: Should you mop or steam mop first?
Mopping should precede steam mopping. It is advisable to wipe up excess dirt first for the best results. A steam mop churns out hot steam that then loosens dirt. The pad fitted on the mop head eliminates loosened dirt and grime through absorption rather than suction. Therefore, your steam mop is not a viable alternative to a vacuum. Mop first and then steam clean.
Q3: How often should you steam mop tile floors?
While it depends on individual households, steam mopping your floors once a week proves to suffice. However, you might steam mop the floors more often with active families. Also, certain seasons promote the introduction of more outdoor grime to your home.
In this case, you might have to steam clean the floor more frequently. You should note that steam mopping proves to be an all-routine maintenance cleaning. Also, complement steam mopping with a deep clean every month or so.
Q4: Can you add a cleaning solution to a steam mop
You should avoid adding a floor cleaner to a steam mop. Only add water (distilled water) to the water tank unless the manufacturer’s guidelines state otherwise. This is because cleaning solutions (even vinegar) have the potential to damage your steam mop. Moreso, the power of steam is sufficient to clean and disinfect a surface.
Adding a cleaning solution to a steam mop will likely void the warranty. Dual-function steam mops are available. These types will allow you to use chemicals/cleaning solutions and water.
Q5: Do you put hot or cold water in a steam mop?
Add cold water to your steam mop. This appliance has a system put in place to heat up the water from the reservoir rapidly and efficiently. Therefore, there is no point in adding hot water since the steam mop does the heating independently.
Also, regarding water, use distilled water instead of direct tap water. Mineral deposits from tap water can damage your steam mop in the long run, causing blockage of the steam holes. You’d be wise to heed this recommendation, even when the manufacturer’s guidelines say you can utilize tap water.
Q6. Why is my floor still dirty after steam mopping?
When you use excessive soap, your floor may contain dirt even after steam mopping. Often, soap is used to suspend dirt and oil into water, enhancing their removal. However, if you use more soap, the dirt will collect and saturates your mop. As a result, as you continue using the mop, the dirt will remain on the floor and form streaks on its surface.
Are your tile floors falling victim to the effects of cleaning products? Do they appear dirty or sticky even after cleaning? Worry not. Steam mopping is one credible option that can sort out this mess and is gradually dominating the homecare tools trade.
Equipping yourself with the best steam mop for tile floors is a judicious move that will significantly modernize cleaning operations in your home. A steam mop will help you reduce the use of harsh cleaning products and effectively clean and disinfect your floors.
Luckily, all of our picks cut the mustard. It is now up to you to understand your cleaning needs and look out for a steam mop that fits the bill. It also would help if you opted to spot-test a steam mop for its safety on your floors before doing your entire floor. All the best!